As a Chiropractor I do not treat asthma, but many people have experienced improvement under my Chiropractic care.
A link between the nervous system and respiratory system has been discovered due to research and explains why many have experienced relief and improved breathing from care with us at 307 Chiropractic Health Center.
Asthma is continually rising in frequency in our population today and many believe that it is due to a combination of factors.
- The most obvious reason being the increase of chemicals in our environment.
- The increased use of cesarean births, antibiotics and antibacterial germ killing have also been cited.
Why is that not all of the children and adults living in the same house and environment suffer equally?
- It’s because each person is given the ability to adapt to his or her environment individually.
- The system that controls their ability to adapt is the nervous system.
- Since the diaphragm is the primary muscle for breathing it is important that the nervous system can fully control it.
- The nerves that control that muscle come from the mid-neck (C3,C4 and C5) area.
Problems, interferences and subluxations to this area can affect the ability to breath because of the irregular nerve supply.
Reduction of these subluxations may help restore proper nervous system function and breathing.
Research published in the Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research documented the results experienced by 81 children with asthma who received Chiropractic care.
The two-month study revealed that those under care saw a 45% decrease in the number of “Asthma attacks” and that 31% of the subjects voluntarily chose to decrease their medication.
- From simply locating and removing subluxations in the spine results such as improved control of the lungs were experienced.
- The nervous system, made up of your brain, spinal cord and all the peripheral nerves of the body control every single function in the body.
Many health problems are due to nervous system interference along the spine.
Our gentle adjusting techniques locate and remove these interferences so your body can adapt and work as it was designed to.
We help many people with asthma and would love to discuss your specific asthma issue and how Chiropractic may help.